Patton Smartnode SN4981/1E15V/EUI Summary
- 15 VoIP calls—(Upgradable 30)with up to four T1/E1/PRI ports and dual Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- VoIP Transcoding Option—Up to 60 channels for WAN bandwidth optimization.
- Proven Interoperability—SIP interop with major IP PBX, softswitch and VoIP Service Providers. Over 100,000 SmartNode deployments worldwide. ISDN/PSTN compliance in nearly every country.
- QoS and Security—Deliver secure, toll-quality voice communications with Patton’s DownStreamQoS™ with adaptive traffic management and shaping—plus secure voice-over-VPN with AES/DES strong encryption.
- Transparent Telephony Features—Complex number manipulation and mapping for seamless integration with existing infrastructures, CLIP, CLIR, hold, transfer and much more.
- High Precision Clock—Delivers DECT PBX interoperability with reliable fax performance.
- Flexible Mounting Options—The device can be placed on a desktop or installed in a 19-inch rack using the optional rack ear kit (INS-KIT-RACKEARS-11/19).
- Supported by SmartNode™ Redirection Service: A free service enabling zero-touch mass deployments for Service Providers and Distributors with auto-provisioning servers.
The SmartNode™ 4980VoIP Gateway-Router allows Enterprises to IP-enable their legacy PBX systems. Evolving from Patton’s award winning SmartNode 4960 Series, the next generation SmartNode 4980 Series comes now with IPv6 upgradeable hardware.
Like every SmartNode™, the SN4980 supports every industry-standard CODEC to deliver toll-quality voice on every call. The Unified Communications Agent™ (UCA) provides any-to-any multi-path switching (simultaneous SIP, H.323, ISDN, and POTS calls with routing and conversion between TDM/PSTN and IP/Ethernet networks—plus T.38 and SuperG3 FAX). VoIP-over-VPN with voice encryption provides secure voice and data via IPsec with AES/DES strong encryption and automated keying via Internet Key Exchange (IKE). In addition, advanced call-router functionality includes least-cost call routing with flexible dialed-number plan support.
The SmartNode survivability suite combines PSTN fallback, SIP Registrar and IP-link redundancy to ensure business continuity in case the IP network fails. Patton’s DownStreamQoS™ delivers the advantage of clear, uninterrupted voice-and-data communication. Furthermore, SmartNode’s unique high-precision clock delivers first-line IP telephony service in demanding ISDN and DECT environments with reliable FAX and modem performance. In addition, SmartNode delivers a smooth transition to VoIP with strong number portability support accepting incoming calls from the PSTN throughout the VoIP service provider’s number porting process. Session border router capabilities include optional transcoding for up to 60 channels. Reduce WAN-access bandwidth requirements by converting high-bandwidth G.711 calls on your LAN into lower-bandwidth G.723 calls for WAN transport.
Preserve investments in legacy phone equipment while taking the next steps toward unified communications with the SN4980 VoIP Gateway-Router. Providing 1 to 4 T1/E1/PRI and two 10/100/1000 Ethernet for up to 120 VoIP calls, the SN4980 with built-in IP Router delivers secure, prioritized unified communications.
Convert Legacy PBX to VoIP
|PSTN||Up to four T1/E1/PRI ports (NE/TE) • Signaling support (ISDN DSS-1, NI-2, Q.SIG, CAS Robbed bit loop and ground start, E&M, immediate, wink, double wink) • ISDN AOC/ECT • ISDN speech, audio & data (Fax Gr 4, UDI 64, RDI64) • ISDN supplementary services • CAS protocols: RBS (Loop start, ground start, E&M wink, intermediate, double-wink) and R2/MFC-R2 (Q.400–Q.490 and Configurable country profiles), Fallback relays on four-port versions|
|VoIP||SIPv2 (SIP Info, Update, PRACK, Privacy, Refer), B2BUA, Optional SIP Registrar and Transcoding, H.323v4 (H.235, Early H.245, H.245 tunneling, fast-connect)|
|Voice Processing||Codec G.711 a-law/mu-law, G.723, G.729ab, G.726, G727, T.38 fax relay (9.6 k, 14.4 k) • G.711 transparent fax and bypass • 128 ms echo cancellation|
|Call Routing and Services||Regular expression call routing and manipulation • number blocking • short-dialing • digit collection, distribution and hunt groups|
|Data Interfaces||Dual 10/100/1000 TX Ethernet Ports • Autosensing • Auto-MDI • Full-duplex|
|IP Routing||IP access router • DHCP Client & Server • RIPv2 • BGP • VRRP • Packet fragmentation • Firewall • NAT/NAPT RFC 1631 • Access Control Lists • DMZ port • IPsec VPN (Option)|
|IP Quality of Service||Voice priority • DownStreamQoS™ • traffic management, shaping policing • IEEE 802.1p, TOS, DiffServ labeling • IEEE 802.1Q, VLAN tag insertion/deletion 4,096|
|Management||Web/HTTP, CLI with local console & remote Telnet access • TFTP configuration & firmware loading • SNMP MIB II and product MIB • Secure autoprovisioning for firmware & unit/subscriber configuration • Built-in diagnostic tools (trace, debug, call generator)|
|Power & Packaging||Desktop metal chassis
Dimensions: 30.1W x 4.5H x 18.1D cm (11.9W x 1.8H x 7.1D in.)
Weight: < 30 oz (850g)
External Power: 100–240 VAC (50/60 Hz)
Power Consumption < 15W
|Operating Environment||Operating temperature: 32 to 104° F (0 to 40°C)
Operating humidity: up to 90%, non-condensing
|Compliance||EMC: EN55022 and EN5502 • Safety: EN 60950 • CE • FCC Part 15 Class A; Part 68; CS-03|